REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 14, 2013 — BroadVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:BVSN), a leading provider of e-business and engagement management solutions, today announced a partnership with NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Group, to offer a new enterprise Task Management service through its Biz Mail solution. Powered by BroadVision, this cloud-based Task Management service is a component of NTT Com’s enterprise cloud email service, Biz Mail, a solution which includes high security, a self-manageable customer portal and migration support. Biz Mail is part of NTT Com’s Global Cloud Vision which delivers a global network, data centers, and applications seamlessly across the globe.
“BroadVision’s technology is leading innovation in changing the way people and businesses collaborate,” said Hidemune Sugawara, Senior Vice President, Applications and Content at NTT Communications. “The strength of NTT Communications combined with BroadVision’s engagement solution is a strong proposition for businesses looking to invest in social technologies that will deliver immediate top and bottom line impact. With our enterprise cloud email and its social capability, our customers are reducing complexity, innovating virtualization, and optimizing performance in a truly seamless cloud that is built for business in the real world.”
As the long-distance and international communications and ICT solution provider of NTT Group, NTT Com was looking to add a social engagement solution to their enterprise portfolio. Task Management offers a collaboration service for sharing files and knowledge across people and businesses. The service includes powerful measurement capabilities for tracking participant and task step status, and built-in version controls that drive accountability by ensuring that information is accessible and traceable at anytime, from anywhere, and on any device. This service is expected to drive communication and engagement that maximizes company returns by embedding valuable social behaviors into real business relationships and processes.
Task Management enables companies to:
• Manage project communication and file sharing all in one view- Create tasks that contain multiple steps and assign each step to one or more people. Designated, secure workspaces enable discussions and file sharing between project members to avoid cumbersome email transactions allowing all stakeholders to stay up-to-date on project progress for faster and more informed decision-making. Task Management keeps track of who is responsible for the current step, notifies the next person when it is their turn to complete a step, and notifies the task owner when actions have been taken.
• Move discussions, approvals, and decisions out of email and into the social network- Automatically assign tasks and begin discussions by synchronizing email with the social network for a single source of knowledge and maintaining a record of important approvals as an audit trail. Powerful mobile capabilities connect users across geographic regions and time zones with the information they need to do to do their job which improves business agility and productivity.
• Search task history for past discussions and files- Leverage a constant flow of information and knowledge in real-time on the social network. File version control shows revision history of all attachments, user comments on the files, and stores the information in a searchable structure for easy on-boarding and knowledge transfer to project employees.
• Use the address book to uncover sources of expertise- Unlock new sources of information or subject matter specialists by utilizing the network address book. User created profile pages show work specialization and experience allowing others to find experts, ask advice, and collaborate on project activity. Company management benefits from properly allocated human resources and accelerates innovation across the organization.
• Work socially with the whole business social ecosystem- Create several social tasks with different audiences, from both internally within the company and externally with partners or customers. Manage these tasks together as a coherent whole, rather than a series of disjointed projects. With Task Management both internal and external users can coexist in a single social platform, with the privacy and security of each group maintained.
“Engagement management is at the heart of companies looking to move to Enterprise 2.0, which is a very exciting mega-trend in IT and global business evolution, especially when put in the context of cloud computing,” said Dr. Pehong Chen, Chairman, President, and CEO of BroadVision. “Engagement solutions enable companies to directly engage with their employees, customers, partners, and suppliers through transparent and enhanced services on a single network. As engagement solutions continue to reach the mainstream, we are thrilled to partner with leading providers like NTT Communications.”
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including leading global tier-1 IP network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 140 secure data centers. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.www.ntt.com | Twitter: @NTTComms | Facebook: NTT Communications | LinkedIn: @NTT
Driving innovation since 1993, BroadVision (NASDAQ: BVSN) provides e-business solutions that enable the enterprise and its employees, partners, and customers to stay actively engaged, socially connected, and universally organized to achieve greater business results. BroadVision® solutions—including Vmoso for unified business collaboration and engagement, and Clearvale for enterprise social networking—are available globally in the cloud via the Web and mobile applications. Visit BroadVision.com for more details.
BroadVision and all its case-sensitive permutations are trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadVision, Inc. in the United States of America and other countries.